How many of these statements can you answer “yes” to?
1. I consistently feel unhappy with my work?
2. I often think about what career change I should make or should have made?
3. I’m scared of choosing a career in case I make a mistake?
4. I fear my future so consistently make decisions to minimize future loss?
5. I think about practical steps about changing career, but I never seem to leave my old problems behind?
6. I often compare myself to peers who appear more successful than me?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, then the chances are that you are drifting. When you work with meaning then you will not spend your time worrying and comparing.
How do you stop drifting? The Bible says in Psalm 16:11 that “You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.”
The way to stop drifting starts by interacting with Jesus. God’s Word will give your career direction. Then you work through process of changing career by seeking and knocking.
Looking at Jesus is not going to be a straight forward process for most of us because we haven’t been taught how to engage God. Churches often spend more time focused on principles rather than teaching how to engage with God in heaven.
In order to stop drifting by working with God, I have written a book called Change Business Career with God. The bold vision for this book is to be your guidebook as you change career with Him.